[Kwintv] Re: Howto stop qtvision from autoscanning

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Sun Dec 14 10:05:53 CET 2003

On Saturday 13 December 2003 22:27, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Arrgg, I did do a cvs up, but didn't notice the rename of MutexMonitor to
> QMutexLocker. Attached an update. And because I need a lock on qApp for
> the postEvent and the event function needs one lock on the grabber, I
> might as well use sendEvent. That saves some cpu cycles.
> Actually I exaggerated the frame drop thingy, there is a stutter only now
> and then and cpu usage is about 3% (mainly X) on a 2.4GHz P4.
Thanks for the patch. But I should notify you that the v4l plugin is
considered broken by _architecture_, so it has to be completely rewritten.
This comes from the postEvent to qt's event loop, it's not fast enough. It
works quite well for me, though, but George says there are many people who
experience trouble in visual quality with it.

But if you like, you can fix the current plugin, it's a start. We surely will
keep it, the rewrite will happen as a new plugin. Our most wanted fix is the
crash on resize... if you could find that one :-) Also, overlay is broken for
me...

I'll apply the patch in a few seconds.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net