[Kwintv] Re: Howto stop qtvision from autoscanning

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 13 16:28:52 CET 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:09:58PM +0100, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:02:47PM +0100, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've trying kwintv for some time and it never really worked for
> > me. Currently it hangs after this output:
> >
> > qtvision: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) xawtv, flags=1
> > qtvision: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) io XawTV Channel Plugin can read xawtv
> > qtvision: ChannelIO::load(...) using format 'XawTV Channel Plugin'
> >
> > and if I check the bt, I see:
> >
> > Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> > [Switching to Thread 1075250048 (LWP 13937)]
> > 0xffffe410 in ?? ()
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0xffffe410 in ?? ()
> > #1  0xbfffe928 in ?? ()
> > #2  0x00000002 in ?? ()
> > #3  0x005ac7bb in __lll_mutex_lock_wait () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
>
> Found out how I can work around this blocking thing, run it as
>    LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 qtvision
> so my nptl is causing it (or there is a undetected deadlock somewhere)

Ok, I can run it with ntpl if I add
  qApp->lock();
  QApplication::postEvent(..) ;
  qApp->unlock();

in  V4LGrabber::run()

> Changing all false for true in nextButton()->setEnabled(bool); (channelscanner.cpp)
> fixes it for me (I can click Next now).
> Wow, it works...hmm resizing doesn't work, as soon as I resize or go to TV mode
> I get
>   qtvision: Fatal IO error: client killed
> Any ideas (I run 2.6.0-test11 with v4l2 bttv driver that is known to be quite slow
> on resizing/moving, eg. opaque moving of xawtv makes it run the cursor behind)?

This seems to happen even earlier now. Changing all kdDebug() for fprintf(stderr,..)
in functions that can be called from that thread helps (old behaviour now, only an
IO error on resizing). (btw. iirc kdDebug shouldn't be used in signal
handles too - is one in an alarm handler).

I wonder if XInitThreads/X(Un|L)ockDisplay shouldn't be used here and there..