[Kwintv] Kernel 2.6

Stefan Hellwig stefan at stefanhellwig.de
Mon Dec 1 22:44:25 CET 2003

Hi!

On Monday 01 December 2003 19:47, Adam Pigg wrote:
> If i stop x, modprobe bttv and start x again it all works as before :o)
> cheers for the tip, is this worth adding to the/a faq?

Yes, I think I should add it to the FAQ on the website soon although I'd
rather prefer to have it working "out of the box"... I compiled XFree
4.3.0.1 today using the new kernel, by the way, but that didn't change
anything in that area.

> Other than that ive no problems with x, im very impressed witht he
> nvidia driver, i get 20fps faster in quake 3 than when running in
> windows, yay :)

Hm... I'm trying to get the NVidia drivers for 2.6 working as well but
first I have to upgrade my glibc (it requires 2.3) and my gcc...

My problems with X and Kernel 2.6 are really strange and just sometimes
happen on shutdown. The system just hangs with a blinking cursor and I
have to do a hard reset to get it to reboot. After that almost all my KDE
configuration settings (in $KDEHOME) are gone and I have to restore them
from a backup... I hope that's better now with the new X server I just
compiled.

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!