[Kwintv] "Select device", "Select source"

Vadim Tarassov vadim.tarassov at swissonline.ch
Wed Aug 13 16:21:46 CEST 2003

Hallo George,

I found what was the problem - I missunderstood your instructions
thinking that KDEDIR is required only for building. Now I can get
qtvision to show my tv card in the "Select source" dialog, however it
does not help a lot.

As you can imagine qtvision hangs. This problem has been reported once
to the list, and switching from v4linux to Xv has been suggested as a
workaround. I was trying dozen times to start qtvision somehow to see my
tv card and to disable v4linux plugin, however without any success. When
ever I press OK on the "Select source" dialog when my card is shown I am
not able to use "settings->configure qtvision". When I click on
"configure qtvision", program starts to hang.

If I don't press OK in "select source" dialog, I can get to "configure
qtvision" and disable v4linux, however there is no chance than to get
qtvision to find my tv card again.

Is there any possibility to get through all of this?

Best regards, vadim tarassov.

Vadim Tarassov wrote:

> Hallo George,
>
> I build QtVision without prefix. The same story --- when starting it
> pops up dialog with empty "select device", "select source".
>
> Is it possible to get debug info from qtvision?
>
> Best regards, vadim tarassov.
>
> George Staikos wrote:
>
>> one of:
>> a) you didn't install in the same path that you installed KDE
>> b) your tuner is not configured correctly
>> c) your tuner is in use
>> d) you didn't setup Xv properly and v4l is not available
>> e) very unlikely - a qtvision bug
>>
>> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 03:40, Vadim Tarassov wrote:
>>

>>> Hallo everybody,
>>>
>>> I managed to build QtVision from cvs. Now when I start it I get a
>>> dialog
>>> where I am supposed to choose "device", "source", and "region". I've
>>> got
>>> nothing to choose there though, boxes are empty. I am not sure what
>>> do I
>>> have to expect there to see, however I assume there should be something
>>> at least related to my TV card. And I have a TV card, and I know
>>> that it
>>> works because xawtv works. Has anyone an idea what am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Now when going to plugins part of the setting dialog I find that there
>>> is no any single plugin available. I am missing something in my KDE
>>> installation, right? I am running Redhat 9 with gnome desktop, and in
>>> order to build qtvision I have installed a number of kde related
>>> packages from redhat site using mainly wild guess method. Here they
>>> are:
>>>
>>> [root at x1-6-00-0c-6e-2e-e0-67 vadim]# rpm -qa | grep kde
>>> lockdev-devel-1.0.0-23
>>> kdelibs-3.1-12
>>> kdelibs-devel-3.1-12
>>> lockdev-1.0.0-23