[Kwintv] qtvision.h and "bool _muted"

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Fri Aug 8 22:32:07 CEST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 13:18, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 08 August 2003 02:13, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> > I don't agree. I'd rather hide the fact of broken mixers in the only
> > class that should know about: the TV or mixer (are there broken soundcard
> > mixers?) plugin. Why expose (and work around!) this bug to higher levels?
> > The XV or v4l plugin needs to fix this up by storing its state internally
> > somehow, "qtvision" only sees a working mute functionality and doesn't
> > have to care about anything.
>
>    That's what he said to do... Move it out of QtVision and put it in the
> video plugin base class.  Maybe you prefer the video plugin inherited
> class?

Hm... Didn't understand him this way... But if it was meant in the way you
describe, then I agree.

Normally, IHMO one should work around a bug in the lowest possible level, that
would be the inherited class. But it is likely for both classes to have the
same problem and this would mean code duplication, so my vote goes for the
base class.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net