[Kwintv] qtvision.h and "bool _muted"

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Fri Aug 1 23:45:43 CEST 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 8:14 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2003 11:26, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	Does anyone know why specifically the qtvision class keeps track of the
> > mute state ? Is it due to some TV cards mute action being broken, or is
> > it
>
>    Yes.  I do believe that my tuner is broken in this respect. :)

From what I understand, when your vsrc is muted, the muted() function returns
an incorrect value, so in effect, mute works, but it's state is lost via the
video plugin driver.

If this is the case, would you object if "bool _muted" was removed from the
qtvision class, and in place, a new virtual function was added to the base
vrsc class to test for broken behaviour on initialisation, and "muted()"
functions were modified to take into account the test results and report
accordingly.

Seems better seperation to me, and removes the burden of broken behaviour to
the correct area.

Let me know what you think.

--Neil.