[Kwintv] ALSA mixer patch

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Fri Aug 1 02:08:41 CEST 2003

> > - It ignores setVolume calls if the mixer is muted <-> OSS unmutes and
> > applies volume
>Dirk, I don't think what you outline here is correct - having looked at the
>source, if you have a muted mixer, then the videosource is also muted. The
>only way to unmute the videosource is to toggle the mute again. Unmuting the
>mixer only doesn't have much effect.

I agree, but this isn't something the mixer plugin should do, the app
(==qtvision) has to take care that the sound and the tuner mixer are kept
in sync. The only reason why I did this is that I wanted to make the plugin
behave like the OSS plugin. And maybe, since the muting state is handled
internally, qtvision doesn't have to keep track of volume settings any more
and maintain it's own mute and volume state variables. But I think George
knows this issue better, since I think it was him who wrote this code.

Regards,