[Kwintv] QtVision not functional at all

ChristianMüller cmueller at gmx.de
Mon Apr 28 22:53:33 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 28. April 2003 04:41 schrieb George Staikos:
> On Saturday 26 April 2003 13:53, Timo Nentwig wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > 1) The channel wizard does not even appear
> > 2) enabling the plugins does not work (after re-visiting the dialog the
> > checkboxes are even unchecked again), configuring does not either.
> > 3) importing KWinTV channels does not work (->2)
> > 4) and most important: All I see is flickering noise (and no sound).
> >
> > SuSE 8.2, Pinnacle PCTV pro.
> >
> > KWinTV does work...
>
>    Hm well I suspect you have not installed it correctly because that stuff
> does generally work.  Did you install to $KDEDIR?  (/opt/kde3 or something
> like that probably)

I can reproduce number 1) here.
If I start qtvision (CVS version, debug enabled) from konsole and select
Channels -> Channel Wizard
nothing happens, and there is no debug output at all..

2) and 4) are no problem here.  I can't test 3).
Gentoo, Bt878 (WinTV Radio, IIRC)

One thing I noticed that caused problems to me:
It seemed I had lost my config several times but the reason
was an XVideo port that changed (back and forth).  QtVision wouldn't
find my channels.xml because the section in the config with the path to the file
didn't get read.  (The port is part of the section name.)

Christian.