[Kwintv] Problem and fix for kv4lconfig

Eric eric at cisu.net
Thu Apr 24 11:42:07 CEST 2003

Hello,

	A couple of days ago i finally got qtvision to compile and run with qt-3.0.5
on my SuSE 8.1 system. I built and ran qtvision but i would get no picture
and noticed it couldnt find the binary kv4lsetup. kv4lsetup was contained in
the kwintv tree and not kwintv3. I was unable to build kwintv so i went to
kwintv3 and ran make there to get qtvision. However when i went to
kwintv/kv4lsetup and ran make It would complain V4L_DEVICE undiefined in this
scope. A quick googling said it usually is a string literal to /dev/video0 so
I changed it. I think a quick patch needs to be in order. Howabout adding
these lines to kv4lsetup.c

#ifndef V4L_DEVICE
#define V4L_DEVICE "/dev/video0"
#endif

Would anyone else find this useful besides me? I use a bttv card.