[Kwintv] Problem configuring with QT3.1.2

Eric eric at cisu.net
Fri Apr 18 09:36:00 CEST 2003

Ohh man my last post was riddled with typos..im so embarrased.
Here it is corrected->
On Friday 18 April 2003 08:30 am, Eric wrote:
> I recently build qt-3.1.2 from scratch by myself but it doesn't seem to
> have kde support. Here are the last few lines of my qtvision configure
> script
>
> checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib/qt-3.1.2/lib, headers
> /usr/lib/qt-3.1.2/include using -mt
> checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
> checking for moc... /usr/lib/qt-3.1.2/bin/moc
> checking for uic... /usr/lib/qt-3.1.2/bin/uic
> checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
> checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
> checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
> checking for rpath... yes
> checking for KDE... libraries /opt/kde3/lib, headers /opt/kde3/include
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.
>
> I set kdedir and qtdir env. variables when i compiled qt and all the vars
> recommended from the cvs version page of qtvision. (tailored for my system
> of course)
> However, i remember qt having a -with-kde option or something similair the
> past, however now I dont see a configure flag for making it support kde3.
> Any ideas?
>
> I have SuSE 8.1 and kdelibs3-3.0.5-0 installed. Do i need kdelibs3-3.1.2?
> If so why doesn't qt configure fail or prompt me when it finds old
> libraries? Why doesn't it have some sort of ENV var or configure option
> to point it to the kdelib directory so it can have support?

P.S. I retained qt-3.0.5 in /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5 and build qt3.1 for
/usr/lib/qt-3.1.2 and /usr/lib/qt3 is a symlink to ver. 3.0.5 for
compatability, so i am trying to install two versions at the same time. One
for compatibility. I plan to statically compile qtvision for 3.1.2. I don't
knwo fi this is of any help, but more information is good : )