[Kwintv] cannot setup KDEDIR correctly

Stefan Hellwig shellwig at orga-systems.com
Thu Apr 10 08:50:23 CEST 2003

Hi!

On Thursday 10 April 2003 05:06, kwintv-bounces at mail.kde.org wrote:
> When I do the ./configure I get the error:
>
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!

Well, the error message pretty much tells you what's wrong. You should select
your prefix differently/manually instead of relying on configure's KDE
autodetection. As far as I know the configure of a KDE project searches for
KDE in certain locations but obviously not the one chosen by you or RedHat.
Therefore you should either define $KDEDIR to point to your KDE (3.x)
installation or use the --prefix parameter of configure to set it. Enter
"./configure --help" to see all available options of configure.

In the instructions on www.kwintv.org you can see an example of setting the
$KDEDIR, among other things, before starting configure:

export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=/opt/qt3
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde3
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

However, this example is most certainly not correct for a RedHat installation.
I don't think they put KDE (3.x) in a directory named /opt/kde3. Instead,
find out where your KDE (3.x) is installed and set $KDEDIR correctly. Then
try "./configure" again.

I hope this helped.

Regards, Stefan.