[Kwintv] Re: BT878 with Mandrake 9.1

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Sun Apr 6 21:21:42 CEST 2003

>   FYI kv4lsetup is not used for anything presently.  I guess it can be used
> for a quick test of the device, but that's about all it's useful for until
> the overlay code is repaired and completed.

It's also devfs-unaware :(
I had a better idea for devfs divining, that is more portable. Since systems
only have one /dev mounted at any time at boot, it's best to check mtab and
take the first matching entry for devfs, and check (struct mntent).mnt_type
to see if we are using devfs. Then we could do something like

const char *choose_dev(char *vanilla_dev, char *devfs_dev);

What do you think ?

--Neil.