[Kwintv] BT878 with Mandrake 9.1

Stewart Johnson stewart.johnson at ieee.org
Mon Apr 7 01:42:28 CEST 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:31 am, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> > do you think i should reconfigure/compile with --prefix?
>
> This would be a good idea I think - it would rule out the possibility of
> mis-installation of the plugins/components etc. If this doesn't solve the
> problems, then we can begin to look elsewhere.

hmmm... i didn't notice this during the last configure, but this time:

configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##

i've fired off an email to bug-autoconf at gnu.org with system info and log.

the configure seems to be successful apart from that, and the compilation
doesn't report any  errors. make install put everything in the same place as
before (when i didn't use --prefix). when i run qtvision the window comes up
okay and looks complete, but there are no choices available in the "select
source" and "select device" dropdown boxes.

has anyone else tried qtvision on mandrake 9.1?