[Kwintv] several problems/bugs

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:46:55 +0200

On Saturday 29 March 2003 20:22, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> On Saturday 29 March 2003 7:07 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Friday 28 March 2003 18:27, BoZ wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > While using QtVision I encountered the following problems:
> > >
> > > - When I close QtVision the sound gets muted. (I'm using the OSS mixer
> > > plugin.)
> >
> >    Yes you should choose a different mixer device, not the main volume
> > one. The reason for muting is to avoid sound playing after the
> > application closes. We found a wide variety of interesting hardware
> > during development.
> >
> > :) Perhaps there is a better solution, but we have to try to be
> > : compatible
> >
> > with all the different hardware.
>
> Perhaps we could add a "buggy video driver audio" option in config to
> enable auto-mute of the selected mixer upon exit. Do we have any info on
> which cards exhibited this behaviour ?

I have a 'Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP'. But it does not mutes perfectly. When the
hardware is muted you can still hear the some noise. You usually do not
notice it, only if there is silence in the room (when working overnight :)
So I prefer that the 'Line In' is muted when qtvision exits.
Of course a config option is appropriate.

Regards
Zsolt