[Kwintv] windowing stuff

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:14:16 +0200

Hi!

I have just done playing with the implementation of the 'Always On Top'
feature. It works pretty nice for me. I hope it works for you too. (I have
committed it to cvs.)

Now I'm somewhat familiar with the windowing code, and I have some plans to
change some of the behavior. But I need some input.

- One thing I want to change is, that when closing the window of TV mode, I
would like the application exit, and not just change back to Normal mode.
I think that's a saner behavior. But somebody (Rich) implemented it this way
so maybe there are other opinions :)
So the quesion is that if I change it to exit on close, do I need to add a
configure option for this? And which should be the default?

- there is a systray icon when in desktop mode. In my opinion it should be
present in the TVmode too, because in tv mode there is no entry in the
tasklist, and there is no way to bring the window back to front if another
window is in front of it
opinions?

- third :), I would like that the window in TVmode would save/restore its
position and size
any objections? :)

This is for now, maybe there will be others :)

Regards
Zsolt