[Kwintv] Problems compiling kwintv3/qtvision from CVS

Morten Brix Pedersen kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:46:02 +0200

Hi Stefan,

* Stefan Hellwig <shellwig@orga.com> [2002-09-27 10:40:55]:
> Hi!
>
> On Friday 27 September 2002 10:09, Morten wrote:
> > grep: Makefile.am: No such file or directory
>
> Me again. I just remembered that some people also "cheat" the system by
> copying "Makefile.am.in" to "Makefile.am", that's at least what I've read
> somewhere. So if all else fails, try that. It's not required or recommended,
> and it may not even work, but maybe it helps you compiling...

It made the process go a step further, but then failed:

mbp:~/cvstest2/kdenonbeta$ cp Makefile.am.in Makefile.am
mbp:~/cvstest2/kdenonbeta$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
configure.in:389: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:389: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

  - Morten.