[Kwintv] Strange audio bug in qtvision (with a rage128 and isa TVfm card)

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:21:17 -0500

On October 28, 2002 20:42, Brett Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I would like to say what a great job you guys are doing with
> this project!

  Thank you!

> Now for my little bug, which I am not sure if it is realted to the mute
> feature not being fully complete yet.
>
> I have an ATI rage 128 video card with the ISA TVfm tuner card. I do have
> it all working with xawtv 3.76, but when I use qtvision, I experience an
> audio bug similar to a bug I had  in earilier versions on xawtv. When I
> resized the window (or change modes), I loose audio. While resizing the
> window, the audio cuts in and out (in sync with the video display, when the
> screen goes black, I can hear the audio, when the picture comes back, I
> loose audio).

  Which plugin are you using?  v4l or XVideo?

> This is similar to what xawtv used to do during channel changes. Durning
> the channel change, I would hear the audio, when the change was complete,
> the audio would not be there. It took several builds before they finally
> got it worked out, but I was never sure what they did to fix it.
>
> Now, I know I am using the right mixer channel, as I can get the audio to
> work properly, if I go into configure qtvision, change the source to
> something other than ntsc tuner, apply the settings, then change it back to
> ntsc tuner, and apply settings. But, if I try and resized the window (or
> switch modes), the problem comes back.
>
> I currently run slackware 8.1, xfree86 4.2 with the special ati.2 Rage
> theater drivers from gatos.sourceforge.net. I was using the kernel ess1371
> drive, then I switched to the alsa drivers (ens1371 - sb64/128). I have
> even downloaded the oss drivers, and tested those. They all exhibit the
> same problems.
>
> I just wanted to get this out there, if it is realted to the mute bug, then
> I apologized for the long winded explanation.

   What does kmix look like when this happens?  Is it in the proper setting?
I'm trying to narrow down which is the problem - the tuner mixer or the audio
mixer.