[Kwintv] Channel Properties Editor - once again

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:28:51 +0100

Hi Morten,

On Monday 28 October 2002 13:13, Morten wrote:
> Your channel list will be filled with pre-made channels where e.g.
> "SE18" is the channel name with a predefined frequency. You can
> then change the name of the channel if you want to.

Yes, okay, but this is not what I meant initially.

> I don't know whether this is the most optional solution though; it woul=
> be really great if you could just enter "SE18" to tune into the right
> frequency. (You can do this in xawtv, efter changing to "europe-west"
> frequency table).

YES! Exactly that was the feature I was asking for to be put into the cha=
nnel=20
properties editor. Something like two input fields there instead of just =
one=20
for the frequency in MHz. When you enter e.g. "SE18" in another input fie=
ld=20
it will automatically tune to the corresponding frequency and probably vi=
ce=20
versa.

However, the more I think about this the more complex it seems to impleme=
nt=20
such a feature. I will have to look into the code a little more to see ho=
w=20
much work it will actually be to do this. Any ideas/suggestions?

Regards, Stefan.