[Kwintv] Comments on latest qtvision

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:39:50 +0200

On Thursday 24 October 2002 18:01, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday October 24 2002 10:36, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> > I have tried v4l and it seems I have the same problem. But I would note
> > that I think that I have that rip effect even when scaled up, just then
> > the rips are much finer grained.
>
>   I wish I could see this with my own eyes :)

Maybe you should implement snapshot functionality :)

Hmm. Maybe its PAL specific. Are you able to try PAL?

> > And I have also succeeded in crashing qtvision. Just turned on v4l plugin
> > and off the xvideo plugin. Pressed ok, and nothing changed (the xvideo
> > plugin were working further). So I tried to quit qtvision and got this
> > crash. It is reproducible, and happens, when I do the same the other way
> > around (turning off v4l plugin and on the xvideo one).
>
>    Well I think there is more than one problem here, but at least it
> provided this bugfix for me. :)  Please update the v4l plugin from cvs.  It
> shouldn't crash anymore (though I haven't tested, I do see why it would
> crash).
>
> > #8  0x412025e6 in __builtin_delete (ptr=0x43745000) at
> > ../../gcc/cp/new2.cc:-1 #9  0x4120260f in __builtin_vec_delete
> > (ptr=0x43745000)
> >     at ../../gcc/cp/new2.cc:-1
> > #10 0x41f919c4 in V4LImage::~V4LImage (this=0x81e99c0, __in_chrg=2)
> >     at v4limage.cpp:39
> > #11 0x41f7ffe6 in V4LGrabber::~V4LGrabber (this=0x81e96b8, __in_chrg=3)
> >     at qtvision_v4l.cpp:113
>
>    I forgot to check if I was the owner here.  Oops. :)

Ok. It fixed it.

But here is a wish: It would be nice if we could change from xvideo to v4l on
the fly (meaning without restarting qtvision, just by selecting Change
Source). It is possible to change to xvideo from v4l, but the v4l source only
shows up if only that plugin is on, and only on startup.

Regards
Zsolt