[Kwintv] Comments on latest qtvision

Michael Kedl kwintv@mail.kde.org
24 Oct 2002 17:51:05 -0000

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:14:39 -0400, George Staikos <staikos@kde.org> wrote :

> On October 23, 2002 15:45, Michael Kedl wrote:
> > I just grabbed the latest version and it compiled first try, certainly a
> > plus :-)
> >
> > Some comments:
> > 1) in xv mode, it scales down, but not above 1x.  I think this may be
> > related to my X driver; xawtv behaves the same.  But just thought I'd
> > mention it.
>
>    This is your X server for sure.  What hardware and drivers are you using?
> (Video, capture, etc - and proprietary drivers?  xf86 version?)

Sager Laptop, Redhat 8.0, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500,

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.2.0-72) / X Window System
Release Date: 23 January 2002

This is xawtv-3.74, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.18-14custom)
looking for available devices
port 59-59                              [ -xvport 59 ]
    type : Xvideo, video overlay
    name : video4linux

port 60-60
    type : Xvideo, image scaler
    name : ATI Radeon Video Overlay

/dev/video0: OK                         [ -device /dev/video0 ]
    type : v4l
    name : BT878(AVerMedia TVCapture 98)
    flags: overlay capture tuner

> > 2) in v4l mode, it scales up/down fine including fullscreen
>
>     Hm interesting.  That seems to imply that Xv scaling works fine.
>
> > 3) in f4l mode, when scaled down below 1x, it "rips" during motion and
> > fixes itself when things quit moving;  it kind of looks like "super"
> > interlacing, odd
>
>   Very odd.  :)  I don't see this, but it sounds like fun! hehehe
>
> > 4) in v4l mode, the menus and other things appear below the video, hard
> > to read them :-)  is this only for me?  or do other people see this?
>
>    Oh now I understand.  You have old code.  It is triggering the video
> overlay for V4L.  I had that enabled but have since disabled it just because
> v4l grab+display works better now (as you have seen).

I just verified I have the CVS head code.
make distclean and rebuilt from scratch.
I still can't get anything on top of the v4l window.