[Kwintv] Small kwintv3 patch

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:21:55 +0200

On Thursday 17 October 2002 03:37, George Staikos wrote:
> On October 15, 2002 20:36, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> > This is I think the most intuitive (because if you have only 50 channels
> > and press 7 then you dont have to wait the delay, but you get your
> > channel)
>
>    What i kind of don't like about this is that changing to channel 6 is
> different than changing to channel 5 now.  Shouldn't they work the same?

And changing to channel 13 is different than changing to 14 if your max
channel is 135 :)

And I dont think it is a problem, because if you want to change channel 5 you
press it and wait. If you want to change to channel 6 you press it and wait
(and you realize, that you dont have to wait, but you get directly what you
need :)
If you want channel 50 you press 50 and you get your channel :)
And if you want channel 60 then you will get channel 6 because there is no
channel 60 :)

So in every cases the user gets what he wants, just sometimes he get a bonus
(meaning he doesn't have to wait), except in the last case, but then there is
no such channel, so he can't get what he wants :)

Regards
Zsolt