[Kwintv] Patch to fix memory leak when lirc-support is in

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:30:32 +0200

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 19:17, Richard Moore wrote:
> You've misunderstood - you don't actually need access to the
> actionCollection(),
> that's just used as a way to get at the actions IIRC. This means that you
> can simply
> get them directly from the QtVisionActions class.

I can get them, but there is no function in QtVisionActions class to get an
action by its name.
So in that case QtVisionActions should maintain a separate hashMap of actions,
which is not good IMHO (because MainWindow has his own hashmap).

Further in that case I need a reference to QtVisionActions, which is again
only available to MainWindow, and not to QtVision class.

> > It could be easily done by adding a SetupLirc method to QtVision which
>
> takes a
>
> > KActionCollection as parameter.
>
> Ok, that's another possibility.

Yes. I think that is the best.
Should I do that or somebody knows of a better approach?

Regards
Zsolt