[Kwintv] question

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:55:15 -0400

On Tuesday October 15 2002 14:41, Nagy Robert wrote:
>  Dear Sirs,
>
> I have Suse linux 8.0 and a Pinnacle PCTV Miro
> Rave(Conexant CN878) TV card. KWinTV works well(I can
> change channels etc.), but there are some problems:
> - after starting kwintv sometimes the image is not in the
> client area of the window of kwintv but on the desktop,
> and kwintv leaves dirt on the desktop after moving the
> window.
> - 1024*768 is the resolution and in fullscreen mode the
> image can only be 640*480 so there is a black thick frame
> around the image. Is there a way of enabling the
> application to be real fullscreen in 1024*768?

  That code is know to have lots of problems.  You can make it fullscreen by
enabling the X VideoMode extension in kwintv and XF86Config, but I recommend
instead to try using "QtVision" from KDE CVS for now.  We hope to make a full
1.0 release over the next 6 months.  You can find information on this at
www.kwintv.org