[Kwintv] QVideoStream

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:18:12 -0400

After some discussion with various people, I have decided to create a new
class to provide functionality which I think is rather lacking in Qt.
Hopefully TT will see the value in it and include it or something similar in
future releases too.  Anyhow, the class is QVideoStream.  It is designed to
provide a selectable (or best available) video output method on the given
platform.  Frames can be fed in for scaling, manipulation, colourspace
conversion, format conversion, and fast display as uchar*.  It displays the
output as desired on a QWidget.  Please have a look and provide feedback.  I
dont' know if my current design works or not, as it is not implemented yet.
I hope to have Xv and XShm methods available soon.

On a side note, the V4L driver, while still somewhat buggy, is actually at a
moderately usable framerate now.