[Kwintv] Compiling kwintv3/qtvision from CVS

Thomas Eschenbacher kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:16:02 +0200

Hi all,

I had the same problems with compiling the current CVS code as stated in
the thread from Fri, 27 Sep 2002 and found a solution.

It seems that the current KDE CVS is completely switched to KDE-3, so
the tag KDE_3_0_BRANCH when checking out kde-common is no longer needed.
I tried that version and failed. After that I left out the tag and used
the HEAD version - now things work :-)

So please remove the "-r KDE_3_0_BRANCH" from the "CVS Information" web
page.

After that I ran into compile problems that complained about some
duplicate symbol. Removing the "#include <X11/Xmd.h>" lines from
kwintv/wintvscreen_v4l.cpp and kwintv/wintvscreen_xv.cpp helped. Seems
that those includes are not really needed and produce trouble.

Now I have a working kwintv :-))

(running under SuSE-8.0, KDE-3.0.3, i386)

thanks for all the work,
    Thomas