[Kwintv] QTVision Alpha 1 on RH7.3

Steve Freitas kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:59:51 -0700

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting QTVision to see my card. I've checked the docs=
 and=20
mailing list archives, but I can't seem to find the trick.

My symptoms are that when I start QTVision, the Select Source dialog show=
s no=20
choices under "Select device" and "Select source". Region says NTSC. From=
=20
there I obviously can't seem to get any picture. :-) The results are the =
same=20
whether I run QTVision as a regular user or root.

My system:

Athlon 1.2 w/ 768 megs RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-Radio PCI
Located in USA on an analog cable television system

lsmod shows, among other things:

tuner
tvaudio
msp3400
bttv
videodev
i2c-algo-bit
i2c-core

/dev/video[0...4] exist. I've inserted the line in XF86Config-4:

Load "v4l"

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Steve Freitas