[Kwintv] Hauppauge PVR compression support

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:28:34 -0500

On Monday November 25 2002 11:05, Stephan Linke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not verry familiar with KWinTV but I want to change to linux at home
> and since I use my PC as my only television I want to have the same support
> for my TV card as under ******* (well, you know :)).
>
> I have a Hauppauge PVR card which as hardware support for MPEG1 and MPEG2
> compression. Does anyone know if it is possible to use that peace of
> hardware under linux too?
> I already asked Hauppauge about this (and other stuff) but I didn't got
> response to any of my questions. :(

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvr/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvrusb/

   You will need one of those two projects I think.  Maybe support for this
will find its way into the kwintv rewrite as a plugin in the future.