[Kwintv] ./configure problem

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:21:54 -0800

On Sunday 24 November 2002 07:10 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday November 22 2002 11:32, PiggZ wrote:
> > Hi
> > i get the following error from ./configure for kwintv3 from cvs:
> >
> > configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: check for missing prerequisite
> > headers? configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: proceeding with the
> > preprocessor's result
> >
> > any ideas what this is?  this is the first time ive tried anything fr=
om
> > cvs and was surprised at how easy it was and how few errors (apart fr=
om
> > the above) there were
>
>    please post the relevant output in config.log

There seems to be a problem with the mailing list.   The problem here is =
the=20
same -ansi problem you've been having with v4limage.cpp, but in the confi=
gure=20
script.

You have to either apply the same patch to the configure script or turn o=
ff=20
-ansi.  I gave up and removed the "-ansi" from the includes.a4 script.

#ifdef __STRICT_ANSI__
#define FOO__STRICT_ANSI__
#undef __STRICT_ANSI__
#endif