[Kwintv] ./configure problem

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:40:30 -0800

On Saturday 23 November 2002 05:25 pm, John Campbell wrote:
> On Saturday 23 November 2002 01:01 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> > On November 22, 2002 11:32, PiggZ wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > i get the following error from ./configure for kwintv3 from cvs:
> > >
> > > configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: present but cannot be compile=
> > > configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: check for missing prerequisit=
> > > headers? configure: WARNING: linux/videodev.h: proceeding with the
> > > preprocessor's result
> > >
> > > any ideas what this is?  this is the first time ive tried anything =
from
> > > cvs and was surprised at how easy it was and how few errors (apart =
from
> > > the above) there were
> >
> >   Please search in config.log to see why it is failing.
>
> videodev2.h needs --ansi turned off to compile.  Specifically asm/types=
=2Eh
> checks for __STRICT_ANSI__ and if defined, doesn't define the __c64 and
> __u64 types needed by v4l2.
>
> You either need to undef __STRICT_ANSI__ around the #include
> <linux/videodev.h> or remove the "--ansi"

My mistake.  You've got to #include <asm/types.h> by hand before the call=
 to=20
#include <linux/videodev.h>.  This is only a problem on systems that have=
=20
v4l2,  And there seem to be two flavors of v4l2 out there causing trouble=
, so=20
it may only be some of them.  Mandrake 9.0 has this problem.

/*
 *  Taken from xawtv-3.5.9 source 8/15/01 by George Staikos <staikos@kde.=
org>
 */