[Kwintv] How to install qtvision..

Chris Hammond kwintv@mail.kde.org
18 Nov 2002 18:10:30 -0500

--=-uVnwO3nOZVow+M2dl6qb

Try placing the attached script in a directory and run it.  Create a
directory called qtvision before running it.  Remove the older version
of 0.8.12 if you have installed it.  Let me know what happens.  It works
perfectly with RedHat 7.3 after a little tweaking thanks to George and a
couple others.

Chris Hammond

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 14:11, Adam Bielecki wrote:
> Thanks, for the help... and for sugestions to RedHat and qtvision. I
> tried already so many things... but it doesn´t work at all.  For now I
> switched to KwinTV 0.8.12...Version "CVS kwintv" ( not kwintv3 ). It
> works allmost perfect. I get stil some massage when i start KwinTV
>  " WARNING: couldn't find framebuffer base address, try manual
> configuration ("kv4lsetup -a <addr>")"  I get only Audio but no picture.
> For now I solve this problem by runnig XawTV before KwinTV. Maybe some
> one knows how to solve this.
>
> For those who run RH  and want to install the latest version of KwinTV
> follow the steps  on the page.
> The only change you make
> export KDEDIR = /usr/
> export QTDIR = /usr/lib/qt3/
> export KDEHOME = $home/.kde   (not kde3)
>
> KwinTV crashes when you start to run it. It is a problem from earlier
> versions that was not solved. To run in type:
>
> kwintv -r /dev/video0
>
> I hope a stable version of qtvision will be released soon.  Respect to
> all developers.
>
> Adam

Chris Hammond <chammond@cox.net>

--=-uVnwO3nOZVow+M2dl6qb

     export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
     cvs login
# cd into a directory where you would like to put the KWinTV sources.
     cd qtvision
# Do a checkout of the following CVS modules:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kwintv3
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/libsearch
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/kdedb
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/librss
     cvs checkout kde-common
# In addition you should check out the following files:
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.am.in
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/Makefile.cvs
#     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/config.h.bot
     cvs checkout kdenonbeta/configure.in.in
# Change into the kdenonbeta directory:
     cd kdenonbeta
     cp Makefile.am.in Makefile.am
# Create a symbolic link to the admin directory:
     ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
# Execute the following commands (some can only be done as root):
     make -f Makefile.cvs
     ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug
     cd libsearch
     make && make install
     cd ../librss
     make && make install