[Kwintv] How to install qtvision..

Adam Bielecki kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:11:40 +0100

Thanks, for the help... and for sugestions to RedHat and qtvision. I
tried already so many things... but it doesn´t work at all.  For now I
switched to KwinTV 0.8.12...Version "CVS kwintv" ( not kwintv3 ). It
works allmost perfect. I get stil some massage when i start KwinTV
 " WARNING: couldn't find framebuffer base address, try manual
configuration ("kv4lsetup -a <addr>")"  I get only Audio but no picture.
For now I solve this problem by runnig XawTV before KwinTV. Maybe some
one knows how to solve this.

For those who run RH  and want to install the latest version of KwinTV
follow the steps  on the page.
The only change you make
export KDEDIR = /usr/
export QTDIR = /usr/lib/qt3/
export KDEHOME = $home/.kde   (not kde3)

KwinTV crashes when you start to run it. It is a problem from earlier
versions that was not solved. To run in type:

kwintv -r /dev/video0

I hope a stable version of qtvision will be released soon.  Respect to
all developers.

Adam