[Kwintv] RH7.2 Install , program crashes on startup

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:49:53 -0500

On Friday 22 February 2002 02:04, ChrisW wrote:
> Its very possible I am missing something, but I am usure what.
> Here is the error and the command line I used to run kwintv:
>

> [chrisw@server kwintv-0.8.11]$ kwintv
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kwintv path = <unknown> pid = 23299
> [chrisw@server kwintv-0.8.11]$

  You _have_ to make install and make sure that the .rc file and kv4lsetup
file are installed properly.  kv4lsetup has to be suid root.  Sorry that it
crashes, but we can't control that.  The crash is down inside kdelibs.  It
dumps core if it can't find an xmlui file and as of kde 2.2.2, there was no
way to work around this.