[Kwintv] (no subject)

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:42:26 -0500

On Sunday 27 January 2002 18:24, Colin Murphy wrote:
> 27/01/02 7:28:59 PM, Colin Tinker <g1gsw@g1gsw.org> wrote:
> >Colin
> >
> >On RedHat 7.2 you will need to add the -r /dev/video0 or video1 whcih ever
> >you are using.  Also add the fllowing to you modules.conf:
> >
> >options bttv card=1 #Or whichever number your card is mine is a miro pctv.
>
> Thank you for your quick response, but I do not know which .tar to use, or
> if i need to use a patch or how to compile it into my smp kernel.  Can you
> be much more precise for a Newbie.

   There is a script on your system called "MAKEDEV".  As root, you can run
this as follows:

cd /dev
MAKEDEV video0

That should do the trick I guess.  I haven't used redhat 7.2 so I don't know
what kind of setup they're using.  Now you also need to check that the device
driver for your tv tuner is being loaded.  Running the command "dmesg" and
scrolling through the output might be useful.  You should find a message that
it found your tv tuner and loaded the driver.