[Kwintv] Channel Plugins - any input?

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:21:34 +0100

On Thursday 19 December 2002 01:01, George Staikos wrote:
>    The channel plugin and channel manager code has -got- to change.  It's
> really ugly right now.  I want to change this asap.  Does anyone have some
> input on how it should look?  What would you like to see?  Does anyone even
> want to take this project on?

You mean the 'Channel Format Plugin', no?
My main problem with it was that it relies on file extensions for determining
which plugin to use. (And even the file extensions were hardcoded in the
channel manager).
So the channel manager should be able to pick a format plugin according to the
extension of the file, but if there is no extension or that format plugin
could not parse the file, then it should try to load the file with all other
plugins.

I had no other problems with the channel format plugins/manager. Only I did
not find logical the menus which are available for opening/importing/saving.

And no I dont want to take this project on. Sorry. I have no time for that
now. Probably next month. But you want to fix this asap :)

Regards
Zsolt