[Kwintv] Kwintv freezes my system

Bogus Zaba kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:01:38 +0000

I had an installation of Suse Linux which was OK but difficult to boot on my
system (various hard drives some MS Windows formatted). KwinTV and xawtv both
worked fine. I re-installed Suse Linux to overcome the booting problem. This
worked - I now bott fine from a LILO diskette but both KwinTV and xawtv cause
a complete system freeze-up. They both run for a short while (paint the TV
window etc) but then invariably freeze - no mouse, keyboard or any other form
of input possible. Only the reset button works. Is this likely to be a
problem with the underlying video software? Any ideas on what I should try to
re-install?

Bogus Zaba