[Kwintv] Kwintv 0.8.11

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:06:05 +0200

Hi!

On Saturday 06 April 2002 14:26, Andreas Korinek wrote:
> Yes, I did, there were no error messages, but somehow it did nothing.

Hm... Strange. Did your ./configure use the correct paths for Qt3 and KDE=
3?
Before I do a compile I source in a file that sets those things:

export KDEDIR=3D/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=3D/opt/qt3
export KDEHOME=3D$HOME/.kde3
export PATH=3D$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=3D$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

> I did copy the files, but no effect, I made the dirs 777, but no effect=
=2E
> Now what?

Sounds to me as if your KDE3 installation is somehow incorrect. What are=20
your $KDEDIR, $PATH, and $KDEHOME when you start up KDE3? Can
you try to verify KwinTV is trying to access the correct directories? May=
be
you could use strace, e.g. "strace kwintv 2>/tmp/kwintv.strace" to find o=
ut=20
what directories/libraries your KwinTV is using?

> [Q vs Alt-Q]
> In the earlier versions that has always been possible.

Probably, I don't know. However, KWinTV uses the standard KDE dialog
there for shortcuts and that dialog/behavior has changed from KDE2 to KDE=
3
as far as I know.

Regards, Stefan.
--=20
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!