Wayland plasma window management interface availability

Viet Dang dangvd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 16:25:07 GMT 2024

Hi,

I'm looking to port my dock (https://github.com/dangvd/crystal-dock) to
Wayland and have some question on relevant Wayland interfaces:

On the latest KDE5, when I tried listing available Wayland interfaces, I
couldn't see the window management interface
(org_kde_plasma_window_management) -- I did see the layer shell and virtual
desktop ones though.

Does it mean that this interface is not available for third party programs?

If this is the case, is there any plan for KDE Plasma 6 to either make this
interface available, or expose these functionalities in KWindowSystem (like
the case with X11)?

Thanks a lot,
Viet