Re-purposing KWaylandServer

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Mon May 3 19:44:45 BST 2021

Hi,

It looks like we've reached a conclusion. The most compelling option is
to bring KWaylandServer under KWin's umbrella instead.

The current architecture doesn't work and it makes it harder to push the
wayland progress forward.

I'll start the work on importing KWaylandServer after Plasma/5.22 is
branched. OTOH, there seem to be no blockers for doing this during the
5.23 development cycle. I will also write a more formal announcement
about bringing kwaylandserver back to kwin later on.

Cheers,
Vlad