Need hints trying to locate a compositing issue.

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 24 20:29:12 BST 2020

Hi Martin,

24.09.2020 22:01, Martin Floeser:
[...]
> We didn't have buffer age support back in 4.11. I just went through the
> history: 4.11.0 was released on 14th August 2013 [0], buffer age support
> got implemented on 21 November 2013 [2].

Indeed, just checked my copy of source, KWIN_USE_BUFFER_AGE does not
exist here. However, KWIN_TRIPLE_BUFFER does. And apparenly it has good
effect.

> Which brings me to the original mail: sorry, but this software is too
> old to expect to get any meaningful replies from the devs.

True. Could you recommend some minimal (as old as possible) version to
look at, as a base for some backpatching attempt? Replacing the whole
thing is hardly realistic, but improving just kwin might be possible.

Thank you!

Regards,
Nikolai