D28781: Allow configuring click behavior in Desktop Grid effect

Konstantinos Smanis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 20 07:28:52 BST 2020

ksmanis added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> meven wrote in desktopgrid.kcfg:25
> This will break previously set values of users.

Indeed. What is the recommended way to resolve this? I couldn't find any resources on migrating KConfig entries with a quick search.

> meven wrote in desktopgrid.kcfg:25
> Using an enum would be preferable.
> This would simplify desktopgrid_config.ui

Agreed, I used an enum initially, but I was sceptical about it because it ended up complicating the KCModule, i.e., I had to wire all the Enum <-> radiobutton conversion logic manually, whereas Bools are automatically handled by the framework. Unless of course there is an automatic mapping that I didn't pick up on?