D29671: [kcmkwin/kwinoptions] Use text to describe maximize button actions

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 12 08:12:36 BST 2020

zzag created this revision.
zzag added reviewers: KWin, VDG.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
zzag requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently, we use icons to display possible maximize button actions. The
  problem with those icons is that they are confusing even for me, a person
  who knows kwin in and out. The size_all icon implies that if you click the
  maximize button, you'll be able to move the window around. Same goes with
  the size_ver and size_hor icons, they indicate that user will start
  resizing the window in the vertical and horizontal direction, respectively.

BRANCH
  kcmkwin-options-text-maximize-button-actions

AFFECTED FILES
  kcmkwin/kwinoptions/kwinoptions_settings.kcfg
  kcmkwin/kwinoptions/mouse.cpp
  kcmkwin/kwinoptions/mouse.h
  kcmkwin/kwinoptions/mouse.ui