D28445: Reduce the amount of objects that are compiled several times

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 31 11:58:03 BST 2020

apol added a comment.

  In D28445#638781 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28445#638781>, @zzag wrote:

  > Do you have stats that show how much time it takes to compile kwin w/ and w/o this change?

  The problem isn't build time per se, which also is, but that every time you save a file you'll get changes in few hundred objects.
  You can try it easily by modifying cursors.cpp or screens.cpp on a ready build directory and triggering a build. There will be few hundred build steps to be done (on my laptop which isn't that bad it's easily 4 or 5 minutes to wait).

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in CMakeLists.txt:376
> It should be installed or static.

Why, no?

> zzag wrote in utils.cpp:80-85
> Why were these two moved?

Because they need to be out of the `#ifndef KCMRULES`.