D28230: [wayland] Add new XdgOutput properties

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 24 09:48:27 GMT 2020

zzag added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in abstract_wayland_output.cpp:284
> I had looked. Without bringing in further behavioural changes it makes things worse.
>
> You then need to change screens to be in sync, and that one gets used a lot.
>
> Then instead of having one piece of code refer to name when they mean description, we have dozens refer to description when they just want a simple readable name.

So, I assume you're talking about output mapping for touch devices. If that's the case, we could set the udev 'WL_OUTPUT` property on the input device, but nobody does it. Alternatively, we could follow libinput's documentation [1] and use something else.

My main concern about this code is that we start mixing identifiers, names, and descriptions, which makes code more difficult to work with and reason about.

[1] https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/api/group__device.html#gaf48626f6190e9c9bc14abb704e66cc22