D28152: [RFC] KWinRules KCM Redesign

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 23 08:23:56 GMT 2020

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kcmrules.cpp:24
> +
> +#include <QtDBus>
> +

Don't include the entire module, just include whatever `QDBus` class you're using, but it appears unused in this file anyway?

> regenerateindex.sh:1
> +/home/isma/kde/usr/bin/kpackagetool5 --generate-index -g -p /home/isma/kde/usr/share/kpackage/kcms

This file is just for testing, I presume?

> iasensio wrote in rulesdialog.cpp:34
> It's called by kwin when selecting `Edit Specific Window/App Properties` from the window menu. Here I just kept the interface with that entry point unchanged, but it is within a custom executable, so it should probably be replaced by a full QML dialog by changing `main.cpp`.

Ah! Okay, alright then. I thought KWin would just run `kcmshell5` then. Maybe it makes sense in a future step to change this so KWin just opens the KCM

> rulesmodel.cpp:43
> +{
> +    qmlRegisterUncreatableType<RuleItem>("org.kde.kcms.kwinrules", 1, 0, "RuleItem",
> +                                         QStringLiteral("Do not create objects of type RuleItem"));

I think this should be registered in the KCM constructor, not inside of another type