D26927: Repaint decoration borders when client is resized

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 26 13:29:02 GMT 2020

zzag created this revision.
zzag added a reviewer: KWin.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
zzag requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If a client has been resized, it doesn't necessarily mean that the
  decoration theme will schedule full repaint of the window frame. In
  OpenGL and Xrender scene, we have a little hack that forces a full
  repaint of window borders. However, we don't have one in QPainter
  scene which causes all sorts of weird looking artifacts when resizing
  a server-side decorated client.

  We could add yet another hack in the QPainter scene, but a better
  approach to tackle this problem would be to make DecoratedClient
  schedule full repaint of the decoration. It makes code in scene
  plugins more straightforward and prevents us from repeating the same
  mistake again.

TEST PLAN
  No longer able to see invisible decoration borders when
  using QPainter render backend.

BRANCH
  repaint-full-decoration

AFFECTED FILES
  decorations/decoratedclient.cpp
  plugins/scenes/opengl/scene_opengl.cpp
  plugins/scenes/xrender/scene_xrender.cpp