D26863: Introduce Toplevel::frameGeometryChanged signal

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 23 10:08:12 GMT 2020

zzag created this revision.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
zzag requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently we have two signals that are emitted when the Toplevel's geometry
  changes - geometryShapeChanged() and geometryChanged(). The former signal
  is used primarily to invalidate cached window quads and the latter is
  sort of emitted when the frame geometry changes. But it's not that easy. We
  have a bunch of connects that link those signals together...

  The worst part about all of this is that the window quads cache gets
  invalidated each time a geometry update occurs, for example when user
  moves a window around on the screen.

  This change introduces a new signal and deprecates the existing geometryChanged
  signal. frameGeometryChanged has similar semantics as geometryChanged
  except that it is emitted when an _actual_ geometry change has occurred.

  We do still emit geometryShapeChanged signal. However, in long term, we
  need to get rid of this signal or come up with something that makes sense
  and doesn't require us to waste computational resources.

AFFECTED FILES
  abstract_client.cpp
  abstract_client.h
  autotests/integration/activation_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/effects/maximize_animation_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/maximize_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/move_resize_window_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/quick_tiling_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/xdgshellclient_rules_test.cpp
  autotests/integration/xdgshellclient_test.cpp
  decorations/decoratedclient.cpp
  events.cpp
  internal_client.cpp
  pointer_input.cpp