Revert of my compositing rework patches

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 21:51:53 GMT 2020

On 01/15/20 18:28, Roman Gilg wrote:
> I offer to revert the compositing rework patches that I have landed

As others have stated, it is you who can best make this decision. For
others to decide, it might be good to link to bug reports if users have
already found some regressions.

If you feel these patches aren't complete as is, and cannot be fixed in
a reasonable time-frame, then go ahead and revert for now.

But please consider that Plasma 5.18 will have a few timely maintainance
updates, so we will probably already be at 5.18.2 at end of Februrary.
Much feedback can be gathered until then, and maybe you could wait for
this feedback before finally pulling the plug.

Let me additionally state that I am running master as of Jan-13 on an
Intel Haswell 4400U system in OpenGL 3.1 mode, and haven't seen a
single issue. Au contraire, the issue that turning compositing off
and on resulting in black flickering has been fixed in this version.

Thanks,
Christoph Feck