D26556: [scenes/opengl] Set current context when resetting common vertex buffer

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 10 01:17:28 GMT 2020

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: KWin.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Scene opengl has a callback for when we have a GL error. One of the
  handlers for an error calls scheduleVboReInit - the comment next to it
  explicitly mentions Nvidia.

  When we get here we schedule a reset of the vertex buffer, via a timer.
  When the timer is caled we have no idea what GL context was last
  current, if it's not the currect context then the main scene
  GLVertexBuffer will be deleted but not correctly re-initialised.

  We have a very common crash with a corrupted GLVertexBuffer...

  CCBUG: 399499

TEST PLAN
  I could never reproduce the crash, but it's a good theory at least.

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/scenes/opengl/scene_opengl.cpp