D29272: Add support to keyboard shortcuts inhibitor

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 29 10:48:24 BST 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

    "The Wayland compositor is however under no obligation to disable
     all of its shortcuts, and may keep some special key combo for its own
     use, including but not limited to one allowing the user to forcibly
     restore normal keyboard events routing in the case of an unwilling
     client. The compositor may also use the same key combo to reactivate
     an existing shortcut inhibitor that was previously deactivated on
     user request."

  Do we think it's important to have this when this lands or just deal with it if it becomes an issue?

  I think it should be relatively easy, just an earlier filter that calls:
  waylandServer()->keyboardShortcutsInhibitManager()->getShortcutsInhibitor(surface, seat)->setActive(false);

INLINE COMMENTS

> input.cpp:792
> +            auto seat = waylandServer()->seat();
> +            auto surface = seat->focusedKeyboardSurface();
> +            auto inhibitor = waylandServer()->keyboardShortcutsInhibitManager()->getShortcutsInhibitor(surface, seat);

Surface can be null