D29122: ScreenShotEffect: Add a shouldReturnNativeSize argument to screenshotFullscreen

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 11:43:08 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D29122#655428 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29122#655428>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > I think we could consider this interface public API and adding new arguments changes the DBus signature iirc.
  > > Perhaps we should just add a new overload.
  >
  > You're right that DBus would fail if you don't call with the right number of arguments to match a method signature, but you underestimate QtDBus. It's /amaaaazing/
  >
  > Though @meven can you just run qdbus org.kde.KWin /Screenshot org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect and double check.

  QtDbus is quite nice indeed, it added the new method assuming it will use defaults:

    <method name="screenshotFullscreen">
      <arg name="fd" type="h" direction="in"/>
      <arg name="captureCursor" type="b" direction="in"/>
      <arg name="shouldReturnNativeSize" type="b" direction="in"/>
    </method>
    <method name="screenshotFullscreen">
      <arg name="fd" type="h" direction="in"/>
      <arg name="captureCursor" type="b" direction="in"/>
    </method>
    <method name="screenshotFullscreen">
      <arg name="fd" type="h" direction="in"/>
    </method>

  Still perhaps we should have a distinct dbus to make the API clearer.
  AFAIK there is only one user currently : spectacle, that I am updating too anyway.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in screenshot.cpp:409
> Please clear m_cacheOutputsImages so we're not wasting ram

Done line 442